What is Youth With A Mission?
A missionary organization founded by Loren and Darlene Cunningham in 1960 with the vision of waves of young people going out to reach the entire world for Jesus Christ.
Who are we?
- An international movement of Christians from many ethnic and educational backgrounds, denominations and countries.
- All ages - young people, families and retired persons.
- 100,000 are involved in short-term work each year.
- 15,755 work as permanent staff in 1,031 operating locations in 149 nations.
- No one in YWAM receives a salary; each missionary is responsible to depend on God for his/her own financial needs. Oftentimes God uses churches, friends, and family to supply this provision.
What does YWAM do?
Evangelism – presenting the Gospel throughout the world through creative methods
Mercy Ministries - showing God's love through practical assistance
Training – equipping believers to love, worship, and obey God in order to fulfill their part of the Great Commission
YWAM Statement of Purpose:
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) is an international movement of Christians from many denominations dedicated to presenting Jesus personally to this generation, to mobilizing as many as possible to help in this task, and to the training and equipping of believers for their part in fulfilling the Great Commission. As citizens of God's kingdom, we are called to love, worship, and obey our Lord, to love and serve His Body, the Church, and to present the whole Gospel for the whole person throughout the whole world.
We of Youth With A Mission believe:
- that the Bible is God's inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ is God's son; that people are created in God's image
- that He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ
- that although all people have sinned and come short of God's glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- that repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God's initiative of grace towards us
- that God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth that the Holy Spirit's power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christ's last commandment, "...Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)